Saturday, May 23, 2009

Get Ready!


What do you do to get ready for summer? Here's a glimpse of my list...
  • Stock up on soda at the Memorial Day grocery sales - we aren't much of soda drinkers but I like to take plenty of variety when we go camping. 12 packs of Coke and Pepsi products are 5 for $13 this week!
  • Get sunscreen
  • Find a new swimsuit if I can
  • Clean out the kids' dressers - assess what they need for the warm weather. Kate currently owns 1 pair of shorts - make that 2 because we cut some of her jeans off that had holes in the knees. I hate cleaning out my kids' clothes.
  • Plant annuals around the yard
  • Dream up some big yard projects for the summer
  • Stock up on water balloons
  • Hit the 10 for $10 sales and get snacky foods to take to the pool or park
  • Mentally prepare for having my kids home all the time (this is possibly the most important item on the list)
  • Get some new flip flops

How about you?

6 comments:

Jill said...

Good list! You'll be getting DIET drinks of course, right? I've had a hooooooooooorible week now with Summer here now because I want ice cream and popsicles and yada yada...this is going to be rough!

Muir Family said...

I should have done the mentally prepared thing. My kids are out of school, summer is here. It's been a rough week. Get it together before they get out of school. I guess I did it backwards.

Rochelleht said...

I have way too many swimsuits, but if I didn't, I would buy one from J Crew. They are the flipping cutest one pieces EVER. I really want one. I'm tempted to buy one anyway. But does one really need 11 swimsuits??

jamie said...

is summer coming already? it has seriously sneaked up on me! i'm with rochelle, j crew has good suits. shade's are pretty cute, too...and if all else fails, you can usually find a good tankini at target.

Julie said...

Ck for quantity & quality: squirt guns, bike tire patches, swimsuits, flip flops, and... POPSICLES. Loooooooove summer! :)

Kelly said...

If you want to find a suit that not everyone has, try Athleta (Athleta.com). I love their suits! Total quality and they fit great. I order from them a lot, and you will RARELY see it on anyone else.. They have tankinis and one piece also. Just a suggestion. :)