
If you want to be in the maintenance support group:
- We will start Monday, May 11. We will end Monday, August 3. You need to sign up by Sunday, May 10.
- Leave a comment (if you haven't already) that specifically says you are for the maintenance group. Remember, the maintenance one is just support, no money involved. Once our group is all on a private blog I will poll everyone to see if they want to earn a free point for a perfect week.
- Please review the rules. One point per day for no treats, exercising at least 30 minutes, sleeping at least 7 hours, and keeping a personal daily goal. Remember, you have the ability to earn 29 points a week (4 per day, 1 bonus for posting your scores each Monday by 5:00 PM). We will be tallying scores with a scale of 25 possible for the week. That way you have 4 "free" points to work with during the week. You can decide how to spend them.
- Be ready to cry when you don't eat treats and cheer when you feel great!
- If I don't have your email, please leave your email address in your comment.
- I will email you Friday with an invite to the private blog. You will be listed as an author. After you get the invitation, please go to the blog and post the following:
- A picture of yourself and a bit of information for get to know you purposes (why you joined the contest, family info, etc...)
- Your definition of a good eating day (keeping in mind the base rule of no treats)
- What your personal daily goal will be - this must be measurable. For example, trying to do more weights is not measurable. Setting a goal to do at least 15 minutes of leg weights and arm weights on alternating days in addition to your 30 minutes is measurable. Another example: saying you are going to cut back on your late night eating: not measurable. Setting a goal to not eat past 8:00 PM is measurable. My goal for our $25 contest was to keep a food log every day. I couldn't forget one day and then write it down the next day. I had to do it every day. (This was a great goal for me, I'm doing it again.) Also, your personal daily goal should be a challenge for you! It should be a challenge that is attainable if you try hard.
If you want to be in the Healthy Habits Meet Real Life contest, read on!
- We will start Monday, May 11. We will end Monday, August 17. You need to sign up by Sunday, May 10. This is a fourteen week contest with two weeks you can take off at your discretion. The rules and point tallys are the same as for the maintenance group.
- You cannot take off days here and there until it adds up to two weeks. You must take off a Monday to a Sunday. At the end of the fourteen weeks your two lowest week's scores will be dropped - hence your free weeks. I will be using one of my weeks for Girl's Camp because who really sleeps 7 hours a night at camp?
- Please leave a comment on this post that says specifically that you want to do the Healthy Habits Meets Real Life contest. Leave your email address as well so you can be invited to the private blog.
- This contest has a $60 entry fee, due up front. You have the ability to earn all of your money back. Each week that you earn 25 points (a perfect maintenance score) you will earn a $5 credit back to you. If you don't earn your points, the $5 will go into the pot. At the end of the contest, 1st place gets 50% of the pot, 2nd gets 30%, 3rd gets 20%. In the event of a first place tie, the pot will be split equally among the first place winners.
- Please review the rules. My friend, Julie, is running this contest. She will email you further information. You will mail your money to her. You will be asked to post on the private blog the same things as the maintenance group.
You guys can do this! You'll love it! It gives you that extra nudge of motivation that you need. It's awesome!
19 comments:
Hi Biffy . . Jodi let me know about your contest. I have actually met you before; but it was a few years ago. I would really like to be apart of the $60 contest. Please fill me in on what I need to do. I am so excited! f I have been on a "diet" now for about a year. I have lost 65 pounds; but have been stagnant for the past few months. I really need to exercise, and "be good." I think this would be a great way to do so. And, it sounds like I will be at girl's camp with you, too. Anyway, yeah . . . . Shauna Cleverly
Biffy, as you know, I am in for both. So: laughmuch@netzero.com
THANKS!
Sign me up! It's been fun having this week off and not worrying about things, but I need to be more strict, so this competition will hopefully kick my butt again!
Healthy Habits Meets Real Life contest: luckiestgirlalive@hotmail.com.
THANKS GIRLS!!
I want to sign up for the Healthy Habits Meets Real Life contest:
sherbetblossom at g mail dot com
Maintenance Support Group - courtnieredd@yahoo.com
I need something like this for sure!
My email address is andifitzgerald@gmail.com. I want to do the healthy lifestyles competition- the $60 one. I am Jill's sister-in-law.
I think I said it before, but I'm in for the maintenance contest only... Unless I let you know... I'm sorta still on the fence...
I'll do the maintenance group. Could our personal goal be something related to spiritual health, like reading scriptures for 15 minutes every day? If that's too far off the map, that's okay. It would just be really good for me and a great challenge.
Kim Longhurst for the maintenance support group please. kimandjosh@gmail.com
I want to do both.
hfitzy74@comcast.net
I will do the maintenance one.
Mickel - I think that since the maintenance group isn't really a competition, it is fine if your personal goal is something other than fitness. I have thought of adding scripture reading to my goal as well - so my goal would have 2 parts. For the money competition, I think you'd have to have a fitness goal first and then a spiritual goal to go along with it. Does anyone else have an opinion here?
Hi..I left a message earlier letting you know that I want to be part of the "Maintenance Support Group" and the "Healthy Habits Meet Real Life" contest, but forgot to leave an e-mail address! My e-mail is ddmnw@msn.com.
Biffy, count me in on both the maintenance and the contest. I'm doing it with my friend, Dayna. dancelia@gmail.com
Hey Hot Shauna! I hope you read this. We need your email address! Thanks!
Biffy, tell Julie I'm in- Holls.scott@gmail.com. My brother Cameron wants to join also. His email is camsternator@gmail.com. I totally need to have help. I think I ate everything in sight this week!
Okay, last second. I think that I can do it. At least I am going to try, if I am not too late. :) There is still 32 minutes left of Sunday... maintenance only. Thanks Biffy. Kellysue70@gmail.com
Hey I know Im way slow, but I'm in for the Maintenance one. Thanks biff.
Hey Biffy!
I'm in the for the maintenence blog!
Amber
Post a Comment