Monday, June 16, 2008

The Weekend

Check me out! If this snazzy collage works, please cheer for me loudly while you sit at your computer. Thank you! On to our weekend report:

1. Kate, Holly, and I went to the Chalk Art Festival at the Gateway on Saturday. We met Debbie's family there. Greg was sick and stayed with Aaron and Emmy. The chalk art was awesome! Click on that first photo and the Indiana Jones one. There were 126 artists. The roads at Gateway were blocked off and the art was done on them. There was a kids section where kids could do their own art. It was a hit!
2. The girls and I went to my niece Megan's state gymnastic's meet after the Chalk Art Festival. Why don't I have any photos of this? Probably because it was so great that it is burned permanently in my brain. Megan did fantastic! Those gym girls work their tails off!
3. After the meet, we went to Red Robin for a late night meal. While we waited for our food, Aunt Debbie whipped a blindfold out of her purse for a sweetener taste test. Kate and Holly could easily identify the different sweeteners. How did they get this skill? I have no idea.
4. Father's Day was great. It seems everyone in the blogging world thinks their husband is the best father ever, but I'm sorry, you are all wrong. Greg is truly the BEST! He is seriously gaga over these four kids. It's fun to see how they can "melt him like a popsicle on the Fourth of July (name that movie)." I love when one of our kids does something cute/funny/crazy. All we have to do is look at each other and the joke has passed between us.
5. Kate set up a miniature golf hole out on the basketball pad. I think it was part of her tribute to her dad. Holly and Emmy favored us with several dance performances. What creativity!
6. I got my teeth zoomed (by Tauni at Dr. Anderson's office)! This happened today, not this weekend, but I thought it was still blog-worthy. I also got my tooth drilled down and a temporary crown put on, but that's not nearly as fun as getting my teeth zoomed to 4-5 shades whiter. Woo-hoo! The photo here is before I got whitened. It shows how my mouth was prepped. But be warned - if you ever get it done, it hurts like a bugger! Your teeth nerves get zinged at random times during the process and so far, for the rest of the day. My teeth feel way better tonight...it's worth it! Thanks Taun & Paul!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

You have been busy! That chalk art looks amazing! I want to get my teeth white too! SO... I want to see a picture of your teeth now!
:-)

Courtnie said...

you guys had a fun weekend! i can't wait to see your teeth. when are we getting together? is it you or heidi that has june? i'll give you guys a call!

Rochelleht said...

Ok, you are totally cracking me up with the pic in the dentist chair. You are officially a real blogger now. Only a blogger would do that! Love it!

Marie said...

I am loving the collage....I have to figure out how to do that!

jamie said...

clapping for your collage, wishing we were there, wondering if debbie got her hair cut, wanting to get "zoomed" and hoping for a chalk art festival around here.

Heidi Green said...

Your collage looks great!! Hooray for you. btw - did you get my "jab" e-mail? he he ;-)