
My sisters and I rocking out! Me, Tauni, Debbie.
As kids, we put on shows for our parents all the time. My mom says she was afraid to go to the grocery store because she knew she’d come home to blankets taped to the walls for the curtains of our shows. These award winning shows consisted of choreographed dances by the sister duo of Debbie and Biffy (and sometimes Tauni, as in the photo above), acted out scenes from our favorite movies, dramatic readings, joke telling, and many circus-type acts performed by my brother, Kris. On Sunday night my life came full circle. Greg and I were upstairs when we were each surprised with play money to use to buy tickets to a must-see show in the basement. There were ushers leading us into Holly’s room. (That dollhouse was the ticket counter.)

Holly was the first performance. She danced to “Fabulous” from High School Musical 2. That girl can WIGGLE! Here is her ending pose.

The room was kept dark for the whole show. (And therefore I didn’t take any pictures. I should have anyway.) Aaron was in charge of lighting. He strung a flashlight from the closet doors. He had another flashlight that he worked as a strobe light for the entire 20 minute show. I’m surprised we had a light with that much battery power. Aaron also was the MC for the evening. They had cue cards for him and everything! There were some joke telling scenes with Kate and Aaron, Kate did a performance to “Summertime” (HS Musical 2 again), and they ended with a dance of the three of them and then invited the audience to join in the dancing. The ushers also served us refreshments – chocolate chip cookies we made that day. Nice touch! I think we have some Academy Awards in our future, don’t you?
3 comments:
Awesome! I love the shot of you shaking your skinny little behind when you were little - you go girl!
My kids have been working all week long on their talents for your future show. (That might explain the bead up the nose episode) They can't decide which talent they are going to grace the audience with. We can't wait!!
nice shorts, biffy!
Awesome picture Biffy. And darling children you have! What fun times. I am hooked on the real "So you think you can dance" ... Cade is too, it's kind of addicting. Good stuff.
Post a Comment