What's his name? Greg
How long have you been together? We just celebrated our 13th anniversary.
How long did you date? From meeting to marriage, it was 20 months, almost two years. We met my first week of college at Utah State (go Aggies!).
Who eats more? This is a dorky question. He eats more meat. I eat more sweets. Greg just does not have a sweet tooth and it is so annoying! I will make something super yummy and he’ll have maybe one serving. So when the brownies are gone, I know who ate them (hopefully the kids!).
Who said "I love you" first? Greg. Holy cow, I waited so long for those words! I would think to myself, I love you, all the time when we’d kiss. But I was determined that he would say it first. We were in Blanding at a friend’s house (Gary's) for a Lake Powell trip. All of us were sleeping on cots under the stars. Greg and I had pushed our cots together and were snuggled up to each other. The moment was perfect. Funny thing, though, he swears it was a different night, same trip, when we were sleeping on the floor at Gary’s house. What EVER! The important thing here is that he loves me and he said it first.
Who is taller? Greg
Who sings better? The man can read music extremely well. He’s always singing parts at church. And rock band? Fuhgetaboutit – Greg toasts me.
Who is smarter? I will never live down the newlywed style party we went to at Amy Johnson’s. The smart question came up and I was the only girl there who claimed to be smarter than her husband! C’mon ladies, if you don’t stand up for your brain, who will? That said, we are both smart in different ways but Greg currently engages his brain a lot more at work than I do at home.
Who does the laundry? I wish I could say the maid. Oh wait, I AM the maid!
Who does the laundry? I wish I could say the maid. Oh wait, I AM the maid!
Who does the dishes? Mostly me, but it’s often a group effort.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I'm left, he's right. Same with handedness.
Who pays the bills? Greg. Thank you, honey!
Who pays the bills? Greg. Thank you, honey!
Who mows the lawn? This is a point of pride in me. We have had our yard in for almost two years and Greg has mowed the lawn TWICE! I love to tease him about it. But the reality is that I love to mow the lawn and always beat him to it.
Who cooks dinner? Before we had kids, Greg cooked far more than I did. But as soon as I was staying home, I became the cook and I must say, I’ve got mad skills now, baby!
Who is more stubborn? We’re both pretty easy going. That said, I think I tend to dig my heels in more often.
Who kissed who first? It was mutual. Our first date, Homecoming at USU, on the A. Now that’s the way to become a true Aggie!
Who asked who out first? Greg asked me to USU Homecoming. I had met him once at a dance. Actually, his girlfriend at that time had a hand in introducing us. They were on the fritz and he thought I was hot stuff (his words :), so he asked me out.
When did you know you might be in love with him? School was out, he was saying goodbye to me as he left to go to Idaho for the summer. I bawled like a baby in my car on the way home and knew that I was done for!
Who proposed? Is the answer to this question ever going to be the girl? I mean really.
Who is more sensitive? Ditto the last answer.
Who has more friends? I maintain a lot more friendships than Greg does. But he has a ton of friends at work that I don’t know. We’re both friendly people.
Who has more friends? I maintain a lot more friendships than Greg does. But he has a ton of friends at work that I don’t know. We’re both friendly people.
Who has more siblings? Greg has 5, I have 4. Interestingly, we both have a sibling who has passed away.
Who wears the pants in the family? What does that even mean?
Who wears the pants in the family? What does that even mean?
I love you baby! Will you marry me!?
6 comments:
Ah, the June 20th wedding. After which, we finally came to our 'agreement' and within days, had purchased the ring. I remember it well.
Girl, I love to mow the lawn, too. My girlfriends think I'm crazy. It's great exercise, and there's something about the mesmerizing act of creating those straight rows. Ah, I love it!
But trimming? Yea, not so much...
Dude - guys can totally be more sensitive (I think Matt is a lot of the time) and I've heard of a few girls proposing (or at least bringing it up first). I didn't know you had such finite lines for gender specific behaviors. ;-)
btw - what is that movie you quoted?
Movie hint: It's about some rascals who are little.
I remember when you guys met. It was our first semester at USU in music class. I remember thinking, wow, he is cute! Biff, your a lucky girl!
I remember when you guys met too! That was so fun to read! it was our 13 year anniversary this year too... in March! I like to mow the lawn too!
Post a Comment