We had two stage stars last weekend for Kate and Holly’s dance recitals. (Yes, a small part of me was jealous!) Kate’s dance class was actually cheer and tumbling. She is extremely quick to correct me whenever I called it dancing. Holly’s class was creative movement. They did tap and ballet, but just ballet for the recital. My two girls were darling. As I watched each recital (younger kids in the afternoon, older kids in the evening) I marveled at the way these young kids were performing. They all, more or less, knew just were to go, what to do, and when to do it. Each time, I wondered if my daughter would perform as the others. Would she be able follow directions enough to be in the right spot? Would she know the dance at all? I have to admit I was a bit worried. Why, oh why, do we moms let these pessimistic thoughts enter our minds? Turns out, I had nothing to fear. Holly knew all the steps, she stayed in line, and in my unbiased opinion, she was the cutest, most charming thing that graced the stage that afternoon. Kate was a fountain of cheer! She never wiped the smile off her face. She did stunts, tricks, and a dance. She knew it all as well as the whole group. She had so much fun up there that she wants to take ballet and tap this summer. I was so proud of her it made me tear up just a little. I’ll take being the person clapping any day.
PS. Thanks, Grammy, for spending an entire Saturday with us! The girls were thrilled to have you. I love spending a day with my mom.
3 comments:
SUCH cute girls. I always get teary when my kids do something, whether a talk at church or a recital. I'm a bit pathetic that way.
Way to go Kate and Holly! You look fantastic!!
Your girls are so cute! I can't wait to have Sophie in dance in the fall.
Post a Comment