Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random Products That I Love (I should be getting paid for this.)







Clorox wipes. Love 'em. Have 'em under every sink. Use 'em every day. There there, little luxury, don't you cry, you'll be a necessity by and by.










This is the best chicken base ever! I use it instead of bullion cubes or granules. It is a paste that you keep in the fridge after it's opened (Carla, don't tell anyone that I didn't know that at first!). I use this stuff all the time for sauces and soups. It dissolves easily, tastes great, and has less sodium than both bullion cubes and Swanson chicken broth. I get it at Sam's and I also get the beef base by the same brand.



This is a great little product. I get it at Sam's Club and not only does it clean stainless steel, I recently discovered that it shines my black stove top beautifully. I have hated that black stove top for a long time because it always looked streaky no matter what I did. Now, I just spray a little of this magic on, wipe, and voila! Shiny and streak-free.











My sister-in-law, Jamie, recently remarked that she had just made the switch to Tide. And then she said, "What was I thinking before?" I so agree. I have only tried to switch a couple of times and the difference is so dramatic that I go right back to Tide. This is one instance where the brand really makes a difference to me. Every other detergent gives me the dingiest clothes. Gotta love that Tide.



These tomatoes are the key ingredient to salsa sent from heaven. If you like the smokiness of chipotle chilies, you've got to try this. Greg invented this recipe - bliss in a bowl.

Put in the blender 1/2 bunch cilantro, 2-3 deveined and seeded jalapenos, and some of the juice and tomatoes from one can of tomatoes. Blend. My kids call this the green goo. Pour it into your salsa bowl. Then add the rest of the can of tomatoes plus another can. Sometimes we do one with chipotle and one plain can of petite diced tomatoes, then the chipotle isn't as strong. Add chili powder and cumin to your liking. Grab some tortilla chips for dipping and you've just made yourself one of my all time favorite snacks.

6 comments:

Heidi Green said...

I'm gonna need continual reminders that I owe you a can of that ss cleaner.

shauna said...

good stuff. thanks for sharing!

Jamie Kent said...

I love all that too! I read your comment about your saying in your classroom.... I have moments like that too where the kids are just like duh! I wonder if I ever teach them anything! That is a cute saying too, another good idea! I wonder where in my classroom I could put that one!

tkfonzie said...

Wow Martha Stewart tips, I love it when people tell you what works great for them. I love the Clorox wipes as well, and would love to find the soup base. Thanks for the heads up!

Rochelleht said...

Great tips! I will have to get the chicken base.

And I SO agree. Tide is the only way to go!

Jackie said...

I watched Martha Stewart once & she said that she cleans her stainless steel with Windex & it doesn't leave streaks. I haven't tried it because I've never had stainless steel, but you should see if it works as good as she said. And that soup base sounds great, I'll have to get me some.