Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day Photos

Kate and Aaron's first day of school was last week. Kate came upstairs at 7:10, dressed and asking for her hair to be fixed. After I pinched her to make sure she was for real, I happily obliged. Aaron was up not long after. They both practiced the piano before they left for school. They were so darling, helping me pack their lunches, eating their breakfast, getting their shoes on. Kate offered to help me at every turn and Aaron was actually paying attention to my instructions. If only every morning before school could run so smoothly!

Holly's first day was this week. She had an introductory day last Monday and then there were kindergarten assessments the rest of the week. So the first official day was yesterday. (She was healthy, hooray!) Emmy and I walked her to the door. Emmy tried to walk right into the classroom with her sissy. She was quite confused that we were leaving Holly there. I have dreaded the start of kindergarten for quite some time. I did okay. Emmy and I walked back to the car sans Holly and as I buckled Emmy in, she asked, "Awe we going to go get Howwee now, Mom?" The tears welled up into my eyes as I told Emmy that no, she's staying at kindergarten. Then I went to Wal-Mart because c'mon, you can't cry at Wal-Mart.

Note: I don't know why Picassa is cutting off my kids heads. I'll have to figure that one out.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Courtnie said...

What CUTE kids you have. You did your girls' hair so cute! I especially love that picture of Holly and Emmie.
That first day of Kindergarten is always hard!

Heidi Green said...

Aaron looks so old in these pics!

jamie said...

they're all so big and ADORABLE. love holly's outfit and hair. glad they were excited for school!

Jamie Kent said...

They look adorable for the first day of school! I can see you so much in your kids! It reminds me of the old days! I remember now that Greg worked at Copper Mill! That is so funny... I had forgotten! They do have good food, I will have to try dessert! yum!

Rochelleht said...

I can. Yick! I hate Walmart. Now Target... Can't cry at that happy place.

Biffy said...

Rochelle, I didn't really mean Wal-Mart was happy, I just meant it would be too embarrassing to go in their while blubbering! I love that any whiff of pro-Wal-Mart gets a response out of you! Ha!

tkfonzie said...

Biffy, could your kids Be any cuter? They all have your beautiful eyes!