Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Lunchable at Home



Holly suggested we have cracker sandwiches for lunch. Yummy! The next time you’re at a loss for what to feed little ones for lunch, try this out. I even gave Holly and Em a little dish of Miracle Whip so they could do all the assembly themselves. This is one of my kids’ favorite things for lunch and they don’t get it that often. Add to the side some fresh sliced pear, a simple spinach salad, and voila! (Okay, we didn't actually eat the salad, but I did get it out.)
ps. Thanks to Aunts Debbie and Tauni for keeping the cracker sandwich tradition alive and well for the past 25 years. These little morsels are quite possibly Tauni's first love.

2 comments:

Tauna Hall said...

Thank goodness you didn't make them use shredded cheese for their cracker sandwiches.

Jamie Kent said...

What a grand idea! I will try that! Remember those cheese sandwiches Nina Burnett use to make on Halloween? They kind of remind me of that simple yet so fun!