Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 7 - Eek!

Eek: interjection: used to express surprise or dismay

Eke: transitive verb: to get with great difficulty, usually used with out {eke out a living}

Why didn't anyone tell me this?!

If you know me very well, you know that I am a nut when it comes to pointing out grammar and spelling mistakes. Greg and I love to find mistakes in the newspaper or on the news and laugh like we are these intelligent Mensa snobs. I am kind of a stinker that way. Sorry. Well folks, the joke is on me. I have had the word eke misspelled as eek on my title bar for a YEAR! One year, people! I know I've had my fair share of comma splices and mistakes here and there in this little blog, but really, a spelling error on my title? I am so embarrased! The most embarrassing part thing is that this error came from ignorance. It's not that I didn't notice my spelling error. It's that I didn't know how to actually spell eke. This takes me right back to college when a peer pointed out to me that it was "unkempt," not "unkept." The shame!


(p.s. I have to clear my conscience here because now you will be searching my posts for errors. That post about the laundry would not format into proper paragraphs no matter how hard I tried. It looked really dorky and I knew it. Thank you.)

(p.s.s. I only wish I was in Mensa.)

6 comments:

Heidi Green said...

Dude, you could totally be in Mensa if you applied... I always thought you weren't a member because you didn't want to be an elitist. And as far as "eek" is concerned, don't worry, even genius' make mistakes sometimes!

Rochelleht said...

I guess those English classes at USU aren't so valuable after all... ;-)

Jamie Kent said...

You have to remember you went to Bear River...we are not good spellers! We have to milk the cows every night remember? We don't have as much time as kids who go to other school to practice spelling! But by golly we know how to work! :)

Biffy said...

You are so funny, Jamie! I read this comment an hour ago and I am still laughing out loud!

Darn straight we Bears know how to work!

Julie said...

Note, (because I love you & and you keep me laughing & I have no idea about punctuation, or many of the other things your English Teacher brain puts out there...) it's: PS then PPS then PPPS etc. It means Post Script then Post Post Script, etc. Once you know what it means, you'll never write PSS again. :)

Biffy said...

Ha! I've always had a sneaky feeling I did that wrong. I'm worried I've opened myself up to a lot of red marks on my blog. Bring it on! I can take it. :)