As I was out pulling weeds today, Holly remarked, "It's good we're outside today, Mom, because it's Earth Day. What do we do for the earth?"
We recycle! I am amazed every Thursday when the neighborhood garbage cans are at the curb. My big can is usually about half full and we are a household of six. I have noticed other houses putting out overflowing garbage cans (or two!) for a smaller family. It is remarkable how much less garbage you generate when you recycle. I pay $10 a month and the recycle service picks up on the second and fourth Mondays. I love it. Every time I break down a box or rinse out a milk jug I feel so good about being kind to the earth. I don't know how much of an impact my garbage really makes, but at least recycling makes me feel like a responsible citizen of earth. Happy Earth Day!
Non-Earth Day related: I am sick of doing dishes. I am so grateful for my cute husband. I swear I can't get a handle on Aaron's scouts these days. Heidi inspires me. My mom is a rock. Tauni gave me the best advice yesterday. The weather today was gorgeous, I spent a lot of time outside and I wish I could have spent more. I ran sprints today on the treadmill. I want to squish Emmy's cheeks all the time. Kate told me today I never listen to her, but then later I did listen and we had a good conversation. Everybody got their homework done. My neighbors Tawna and Shauna brightened my day. I am blessed to live on this green earth. I am still sick of doing dishes.
Non-Earth Day related: I am sick of doing dishes. I am so grateful for my cute husband. I swear I can't get a handle on Aaron's scouts these days. Heidi inspires me. My mom is a rock. Tauni gave me the best advice yesterday. The weather today was gorgeous, I spent a lot of time outside and I wish I could have spent more. I ran sprints today on the treadmill. I want to squish Emmy's cheeks all the time. Kate told me today I never listen to her, but then later I did listen and we had a good conversation. Everybody got their homework done. My neighbors Tawna and Shauna brightened my day. I am blessed to live on this green earth. I am still sick of doing dishes.
6 comments:
Wow, that comment about me made my morning... it was totally out of the blue. Thanks cutie. Of course, you know it's a two way street.
Recycling? Love it. The flowers (and Holly) you took a picture of. Gorgeous. Your brain dump at the end? Fun. Someone else who's sick of dishes? Me
:-) Have a good day.
Yeah for sprints on the treadmill! Love those :)
I love your cute orange flowers. Are they tulips or a variety of lily? Darling!
Love your motivation to blog every day. I need to find that motivation... I was reminded of earth day by Sophie. It should be printed on the calendar like Christmas and Mother's day.
Linda thought she'd nip the flower picking in the bud by planting Sophie her own plot of tulips. I am grateful. I LOVE it when my kids pick me flowers and hate to get the in trouble for picking grandma's flowers.
ALso, thanks for posting about recycling. I've thought about it for a while, but when you said you throw out so little garbage now (really, 1/2 a can??!!) I think that was the push I needed! Thanks again:)
biffy, you're a good one. i'm so glad i married into this family!
Kim, you're outing me! Those flowers aren't actually from my yard. I took that picture at Tracy Aviary a couple of weeks ago. It was late at night when I posted this and I needed a springy picture, so I used that one. They are gorgeous flowers, though, aren't they?
Post a Comment