When: Saturday, May 17, 2008
Time: 6:30 – 11:00 PM
Where: The City Park
Why: For Fun!
How Much: $30/couple - $20 (10 each) for the tag, $10 for dinner
I heard about a traveling laser tag company from the Brockmans. It sounded like a kick. This company comes to your location, brings all the equipment, and runs scenario games for your group. All for $10 a person. As soon as Marty and Michele told me about it, I knew what my next party would be. I got Aimee on board with me and it was a done deal. We just had the date night last night. Nineteen – oops, eighteen - couples came (they all committed and paid in advance – we missed you Kierstin and Reed!). It was a blast! We were divided into two teams, Alpha and Bravo. Team Alpha swept the evening. Congrats to them. And I’m sure I will never hear the end of how Heidi made the last goal in the last game when she was the only one alive on her team. It’s okay, because Aimee, Nate, and I had a great time sabotaging Greg when he was alone out in the open. Too bad Angie was sniping behind a tree and got us after we killed Greg. Curse you, Ang! But, in defense of the awesomeness of team Bravo, our commander said we were definitely the most improved.
Next time, Alpha, next time.
For dinner, I made it as easy as possible. I had a catering business make super yummy salads, bought cookies and brownies for dessert, and took burgers, buns, fixin’s, soda, and chips to the park. Really, the most work I did was going to the store and slicing tomatoes. It turned out great. You know, I have organized a lot of events whether for fun or church. Rarely do they go as smoothly as I envision them to be. Laser Tag Date Night lived up to all my high expectations. We will definitely do this again soon!
For dinner, I made it as easy as possible. I had a catering business make super yummy salads, bought cookies and brownies for dessert, and took burgers, buns, fixin’s, soda, and chips to the park. Really, the most work I did was going to the store and slicing tomatoes. It turned out great. You know, I have organized a lot of events whether for fun or church. Rarely do they go as smoothly as I envision them to be. Laser Tag Date Night lived up to all my high expectations. We will definitely do this again soon!
HOO-WAAAA!
10 comments:
How cute are you guys!! How fun! What a great idea. A girl after my own heart.
This is why we are friends.
That looks like it was a blast! And I'm sure Heidi will NEVER let you hear the end of it.
SOOOOOO fun!! Really, we had the best time, even though I was more sore than I thought I'd be the next morning! We'd love to do this again!!
Ok, so here's the deal: I know we suck for missing and I am really, really, really mad that we did. We had a babysitter lined up from our ward (she will remain nameless because I am frustrated with her at this moment) and when I called her on Friday to make sure of the time, she told me that she couldn't. Nice. So, I called my parents and they said that they could only watch them for a little while because they had to pick up my siblings from the airport. Nice #2. So, at the last minute we decided to call my nieces and see if they could babysit and they (of course) were busy as well. So, Reed and I decided to work on our basement and ended up going out and picking out all of our lighting and carpet. It was productive for our basement but crappy that we missed the party. I called your house at about 6:45 but you had already left. I am sorry we couldn't be there, it would have been so much more fun with us there and you know it!
How fun! I didn't know such laser tag businesses existed. My mom is looking for a fun family reunion idea for her entire family. My aunts, uncles, and cousins are WILD and would love something so fun. Can you do it in daylight? I'm sure it's more fun in the dark, but I'm wondering if there are lights or something that can only be seen in the dark. Did you pay a lump sum or do they charge you based on the number of people? Can you e-mail me? Thanks!
Way fun idea!! Looks like a ton of fun, you had a great turnout. I too, would love the info on the company. It would be fun to see if there was something around here that would do this. Great family reunion idea.
What a great idea! You rock Biffy!
Thanks for being the best organizer ever. We had a blast even though I totally sucked!
fun! you've inspired me to finally throw that party i've been thinking about.
If you're interested, here's the company's website:
http://uvtag.com
Great fun!
Post a Comment