Bleh. Tonight I feel bleh. So, do I just blog what is on my mind, or do I try to come up with something actually interesting? I’m going with what’s on my mind.
Greg had to run some “errands” yesterday. He came home with a haircut, shampoo, and Guitar Hero?! Yeah, Guitar Hero. I was not expecting that. What do you do but laugh? So I laughed at him and he admitted that yes, sometimes he is still a fourteen year old boy. I played it tonight and it is pretty fun. He’s playing right now – nice background music. He's pretty cute for being a fourteen year old locked inside a thirty-something body.
Greg had to run some “errands” yesterday. He came home with a haircut, shampoo, and Guitar Hero?! Yeah, Guitar Hero. I was not expecting that. What do you do but laugh? So I laughed at him and he admitted that yes, sometimes he is still a fourteen year old boy. I played it tonight and it is pretty fun. He’s playing right now – nice background music. He's pretty cute for being a fourteen year old locked inside a thirty-something body.
I declared today as Kid’s Choice Day. My intent was to let each kid choose something to do as a family. The kids were excited about the idea, but they soon realized the limitations of “choose whatever you want to do.” It’s Sunday. Swimming and bowling were out. Holly wondered if we could make it to Disneyland and back in a day. So, I forced a compromise and we went to the park. Kate’s chosen activity was a slide race and playground tag. These are good workouts! The park had seven slides. Race down all of those and your heart is racing right along with you! It was fun. Aaron chose a family soccer game. This was a kick (pun intended). Holly had a fit because she couldn’t keep up, but I guess that’s part of being four. Aaron loved playing with just our family. We played boys against girls. The boys won, 4-3. Holly chose swings for Kid’s Choice. For Emmy, we painted fingernails. (I didn’t really give Emmy a choice, I just knew she’d like that.)
We also went to a baby blessing today. Heidi’s fourth baby, Owen, was the star of the show. Those guys know how to throw a party! The food was delicious, the weather cooperated, and the company was lovely. Okay, this post is really a laundry list of things we did. I don’t want my blog to always be that, but it’s bound to happen once in a while. At least I have some cute pictures!
5 comments:
They certainly are cute pictures! I love how your kids are a perfect blend of you and Greg. I don't think I can say that of mine. They are their own people, I guess.
It's all about the pictures... Great idea on kid's choice day. It's fun to see what their little brains can come up with!
Thanks again for all your help with the blessing.
I challenge you to a guitar hero showdown!
I am definitely going to have to do the "kids choice" thing more often. I have been feeling lately that I am always in such a rush to do the day-to-day things and getting ready for baby that I lose the precious moments with my kids. Kids are simple, all they want is my time, attention, love, and an occasional treat. Why is it so hard to find a balance between clean house and happy kids??? Who knows. You're such fun parents :)
I like the kids choice day idea. You are so creative! Ok, so we have the guitar hero too. Have to admit, it's kind of fun. Don't tell!
Post a Comment