Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Real, People!

The contest starts tomorrow! If anyone wants to do a late sign up on Monday, we will be happy to reset the scores and restart on Tuesday. But that's it! Our contest blog is going great. I ate a lot of oatmeal scotchies today and had brownies and ice cream last night, so I think I'm ready to forsake it all. It's going to be interesting.
On a totally unrelated note:

These are super cute kids. They all wanted twin hairstyles last week at playgroup.

A year ago I realized I had never replaced my towels my whole marriage. So I purged all my grungy towels and bought all new towels, handtowels, and washcloths. It cost me a small fortune but was so worth it. I love how all my towels are white. It makes me feel a little spa-ish. And here's a white laundry tip I just learned. Add ammonia (just plain, 97 cent a jug ammonia) to your load of whites and it does a number on your stains. A major, in the trenches, longtime soccer mom in my ward told me this tip. One of her boys has white team shorts and she says that they always come clean. I have tried this with a couple loads and by golly, I think it works!

12 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

Thanks for the laundry tip... I should replace my towels too! I will cheer you all on... with your contest... Go, Go, Go!

AIMEE said...

I love, love, love, white towels. I think you will too. Plus, it doesn't take much to see when they are dirty. With my darder towels, I hate trying to figure out which ones just got washed & which ones still need to hit the laundry basket. Did you get yours at Cosco/Sams?

jamie said...

thanks for the laundry trip!

jamie said...

tip.

Rochelleht said...

Ok, I'm in. I emailed you. Let me know what you need from me.

Muir Family said...

how much ammonia per load. Can't wait to try this. Ammonia is a great thing for the rings on your stove...you know where all the gunk gets stuck on under your burners. Stick them in a garbage bag with a cup of ammonia. Tie them up and leave them over night. In the morning, dump the ammonia out and wipe them clean....it's wonderful!!!

Muir Family said...

biffy,
email me...i have question about the contest, but I don't have your email kmuir1@msn.com Thanks. Kristin

Biffy said...

On the ammonia label, it says to add a cup of ammonia and then cut your detergent in half. I haven't measured it, I've just put in a couple of generous glugs - probably 1/2 to 1 cup. I've decreased my detergent, but not by half. And Kristin, I got the tip from Nancy Christensen - I need to thank her!

Welcome to the contest, Shelley! I'm glad you gave in!

Jill said...

Okay, I just saw this...so we can start tomorrow? Because today is already screwed up for me and I'd LOVE to start fresh tomorrow.
Thanks. This will be awesome!!

Heidi F said...

I just heard about this through the family grapevine and want to join too! Can I, Can I?

Jessica said...

How fun that you are doing your own contest! Mine ends in May, but that's bad because that's about when I will hit the last 10 lbs...let's you and me go again in May!

Kate said...

Is the one in the middle Cade and did you fix his hair? ☺