(On the way home from school)
Jordan: I have had it with girls. I don't even know if I want to have a girlfriend anymore.
Aaron: Ooh, Tiffany! (singing) Jordan has a girlfriend!
Biffy: Who's your girlfriend, Jordan?
Jordan: Do you mean my new one or my old one? I have a new one now, because, whoa, my old one, she drove me crazy!
Biffy: What do you mean she drove you crazy?
Aaron: Tiffany's his new one.
Jordan: Well, she would tell me stuff to do all the time. Like, meet behind the tree at recess.
Biffy: What do you do behind the tree?
Jordan: Hug.
Aaron: Don't worry mom, the trees at the school are really skinny.
Biffy: So tell me about the new girlfriend.
Jordan: My new one is so much better. She likes me for who I am!
Biffy: (trying not to laugh) What did your old one like you for?
Jordan: Because I'm hot.
Biffy: (really trying not to laugh) What does the new one like you for?
Jordan: Because I'm cute. And she likes my intelligence. But she's really stupid, not like, stupid stupid, she's just not very smart and sometimes she spells stuff wrong.
Biffy: I don't think you'll keep a girlfriend for very long if you think she's stupid.
Aaron: No, no, mom, you don't know what he means. It's like she's not good at math and stuff.
We get to Jordan's house and drop him off. Kate and Aaron laugh about Jordan and his girlfriends.
Biffy: Aaron, do you want a girlfriend? (I'm fully expecting to hear the usual, emphatic, "NO!")
Aaron: Um, maybe.
Biffy: (trying to hide my shock) What?!
Aaron: Well, I like it when girls chase me. I think it's fun.
Biffy: Oh. (long pause) Just don't go meeting girls behind the trees at recess to hug, okay?
Aaron: Why? I told you the trees are really skinny!
Biffy: (humm, haww, ahem) You're just to young for that...just play chase, okay?
Aaron: Okay. Sheesh, mom, I don't really want a girlfriend.
Biffy: Good.
8 comments:
I'll take that conversation any day over a conversation with two ninth grade girls. They might be the stupid girls Aaron and Jordan referenced.
I was going to post something clever until I read Jared's comment and couldn't stop laughing. Too, funny...
I didn't mean to put the comma after the "too"
(I don't want to be referenced as a 'stupid girl')
Oh, my heck that is so freaking funny!!!! I was laughing so hard at that one. Mikaela has a boyfriend in her class named Landon. He asked her to marry her and she said yes. He the told her not to tell her mom because he didn't want me to get mad. oh the young love drama!
Yikes! That's slightly frightening. :-)
That is so cute! Boys just tell girls that they don't like them but secretly they do. Silly boys...
Jared, You Rock!
hilarious! sounds like you handled it well--i would have to search my brain for some good responses for a while, especially considering being shocked like you said you were.
I love the conversation! You sure can learn a lot by listening to your kids talk with their friends! I love the skinny trees!!!
Post a Comment