{end pity party}
And here we have Thanksgiving weekend in photos:
Holly and Aaron with their Thanksgiving Eve karate-dance extravaganza.
The morning after. Greg's sister Elaine, took it into her head that it would be great entertainment to hit the crack of dawn sales this year. She was right. My niece Carly and her new husband Andrew came with us in hopes of scoring a cheap doorbuster computer. We got to Best Buy at 4:15 AM, that's right folks, AM! They opened at 5 and we were about the 150th people in line. The people in the front of the line got there at 5:30 PM the night before. They had been in line for almost 12 hours! Needless to say, the doorbuster computer did not come home with us that day. But freezing in line at unearthly hours of the morning was totally worth the $4 DVDs (sarcasm intended). Seriously though, we laughed our heads off the whole morning.
The next day we took the cousins and kids to the movie, Bolt. Super fun flick. We totally enjoyed it.
On Sunday we had some neighbors over for game night. We introduced Shauna and her husband, Asher, to Settlers of Catan and Guitar Hero World Tour all in one night. Cute little Cade insisted on playing on the extra guitar. It was so cute. He wouldn't take his eyes off the screen, he was that into it. 
This was a great Thanksgiving! I love this holiday, don't you?

8 comments:
You are so cute. Love that pic of you. Sounds like fun, except for the early morning waiting for nothing. You're a good sport!
You are super ambitious to brave the cold and the crowds, You couldn't pay me to do that.
I am glad that you had a great Thanksgiving and if you need to do the laundry, we will cut you some slack :).
I think you're crazy to wait in line to go shopping!!! LOL Hey we'll have to have you over to come play settlers, we're great fans of the game. Sounds like you guys had fun. I love big family sleep overs.
I love shopping the day after Thanksgiving... mainly to laugh at the people. It really is funny!
Oh, I totally have my laundry caught up. Loser. :)
I loved the collage of all your photos. That's a nice way of giving a sneak peek into the whole day.
And, your day of shopping sounded like a total bust in the way of scoring amazing deals but it sounded like the memories made were worth it. (How's that for a cheesy Pollyanna view?!)
Last, but certainly not least, how come I have never played guitar hero at your house - seriously?!
glad you guys had fun...although we missed you at debbie's. your kids are getting so big. kris and i noticed that, randomly, aaron and tatum definitely look like cousins...at least from the picture of aaron here. see you soon!
How could you NOT have your laundry caught up? What's up with that? Kidding, of course. Just the other day I was thinking, "It would sure be nice to open the dryer door & find it empty."
Thanksgiving is 1 of my favorites! Right up there w/ Valentine's. I think it's partly because it's not so commercial. What could be better than food, family, friends, and fun?
Post a Comment