1. I spent my morning hosting playgroup with 7 kids ages 5 and under. I was AMAZED at how easy they were today. I couldn't believe it. My house was unbelievably calm. Nice
2. My afternoon was spent in the clerk's office at the church entering the visiting teaching reports and making changes. That place is COLD! Emmy was with me and she didn't seem to notice the cold. She sat and played with her little backpack full of princess figurines for two hours.

Those little princesses have been priceless in our house. Kate got a set two years in a row for a Disneyland souvenir, Holly got a set the next year for her souvenir, and then Holly was given a set for her last birthday. Those little dolls have been played with nearly every day for three years. I was just looking online to find a photo of the set and it seems Disney is not selling the assorted set. I found this picture on ebay. It seems that Disney is selling the Sleeping Beauty set or the Cinderella set, etc., so you only get one princess and then all of the side characters. How mean (or smart) of Disney that now you have to buy lots of sets to get all the princesses!
3. Putting Emmy to bed:

Em: I will sweep outside of my covews, not inside.
Me: You need to sleep inside of your covers, it's too cold to sleep on top of them.
Em: Awe thewe no bugs in my bed?
Me: No, there aren't any bugs in your bed.
Em: Dewe awen't any bugs in my bed betause da bugs tan't open da door, and the bugs tan't wing the doowbell eithew, huh Mom?
Me: That's right. Good night. (And then I suddenly realized that I should stop saying "Don't let the bed bugs bite!")
9 comments:
I love how you spell the words that Em says just the way she actually says them. I find myself reading them outloud because they sound so cute!! We have those princesses as well, and they are so, so very loved at our house!! We scored if they don't sell them that way anymore!!
whoa, that's kind of creepy--you know another jamie johnson that spells her name like mine and has long, blonde hair like mine and has two little girls like i do. is she pregnant with a boy, too?
HA HA! That's hilarious.
My girls love the polly princesses. Grace bought those as her Disneyland souvenir last year and I was convinced she would lose them promptly, but she didn't. Then, she got a few more for her birthday and she plays with them all the time. Even non-princessy Jane loves playing polly princesses with her.
1. Sometimes I truly think it has something to do with the moon's cycle. (Ok, you didn't know I was that superstitious did you)
2. The set you got a picture of from e-bay is more complete than any of the sets I ever bought years ago for Lauren (I think she got them 2 {maybe even 3} years in a row for her souvenir as well). Ah, those are good ones!
3. That girl's a gem!
You are such a cute Mom, I love reading what you write about your kids.
Emmy's sooooo cute. And my favorite part of hearing about you're stories about Emmy are you're great immpressions of how she sounds. I always hwar you're voice in my head when I'm reading about emmys stories. LOVE IT! you're sooo cute. Emmy and Aiden remind me of each other in many ways. Well it could be the age. =)
They have a similar set at Target. Sydni is getting them for Christmas shhh!
my little girl thinks there are spiders under her bed, maybe that has to do with the bed bugs too?
HA! That is so funny about the bed bugs! What a cutie
Post a Comment