Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Counting My Blessings

Okay, so I'm slow posting this. Really slow. But if you have five to ten minutes and a tissue, you need to check out this blog, http://blog.cjanerun.com/ . If you have a lot of time, go into the archives back to late August. You've probably already read or heard about this story. It's been all over the news and on the Today show and in the New York Times. In a nutshell, there's a blogger, Stephanie, from Arizona, who has a sister who's a blogger, Courtney, or cjane, from Utah. Stephanie blogs about the beauties of motherhood. She's a total old-fashioned romantic - wears aprons around the house and bright red lipstick and everything. Stephanie and her husband, Christian were in a plane crash in August. Stephanie suffered burns on 80% of her body, Christian on 30%. Stephanie's sisters, Courtney, the blogger, and Lucy have taken over the care of Stephanie's four children, now in Utah. Courtney continues to blog.

Although I've never left a comment on cjane's blog, I read it every day. I learned about the tragedy through Rochelle's blog. I pray for this family often, and cjane's post today made me cry. Really, I cried from reading her link to this article that tells the story exceptionally well. It just reminds me of the enormity of the situation, my own prayers for the family, and especially my overwhelming gratitude for my life, my husband, and my family.

Grab a tissue.

No comments: