Ten years have passed now. Kate had her birthday this week. She isn't my baby anymore, she's in double digits. She tried in every way to make her birthday grown up. In lieu of a friend party, she invited two of her closest friends to go to dinner at Teppanyaki. Instead of toys, she wanted clothes that she picked out. I checked her out of school early for a surprise shopping afternoon. It was delightful. Instead of birthday cake, she wanted creme brûlée. And she wanted to try sushi. The day was a hit with the birthday girl. And although I would love for one more chance to hold that sweet newborn baby, I am even more in love with the 10-year old she has become. I love you, Kate. Happy birthday.
Lauren, Kate, and Jacey at Teppanyaki.
Greg torching my first homemade creme brûlée. Thanks to the amazing cookbook Carla gave me (you rock, girl!!!!), the creme brûlée was truly fantastic!
11 comments:
happy birthday, kate! i love that she's growing up. i hope she liked the sushi.
First of all. AMAZING that you made Creme Brule. SO impressed. I love that stuff.
Second. NEVER would my 9 year old even consider trying sushi. I've amazed that you have such a mature little one.
Happy Birthday Kate! Meg welcomes you to the double digits... truly exciting!
Glad you like the cookbook Biffy! It is one of my favorites I do like that Creme Brule recipe myself. I'm impressed with Greg's propane torch skills. Let me know when you try the Mexican Street Corn recipe... yum! Try the Tandoori Chicken recipe too. It is really moist and delish!
Cute, cute, cute!
Happy birthday Kate!
Wow, That is one adventurous 10 year old gal, I can't imagine where she gets it ;). The creme brulee' looks fabulous!
Can you believe how fast a decade goes by? Tell Kate "Happy Birthday" from all of us! When my family was down for Thanksgiving, we had to take Kenzie with us when the mom's went out on the town for the afternoon. She's just too grown-up for those little cousins anymore. It was really fun having her tag along.
I can't believe Kate is 10! Wish her a happy birthday from us. What a grown up celebration she had.
What is the name of this cookbook? I think I need it.
That's so cute! Mikaela and Max LOVE sushi... especially at Tepanyaki. Reed took me to the first Tepanyaki in Provo on our first date. He is good friends with the owners and used to play poker with them after hours in his 'other life' :) That's such a good idea to check her out of school early for a girls shopping spree... kaela would love that one !
Looks like a fun time... how cute!
That's awesome, you made you're own creme Brulee? You Go Girl!! Justin is impressed with kate wanting to try sushi, That's his favorite food. Al those buisness trip spoil him!!! Good thing cus I can't make it, like you! LOL
Sound like a perfect birthday. We wish you many happy birthdays to come! We love you!
Post a Comment