Monday, November 17, 2008



The Pinewood Derby took place last week. I love this event. It's so much fun to see the boys' (and Dads') creations. There were some creative cars that night! I think the most creative was the ice cream sandwich car. I loved it! I just realized I haven't taken a photo of Aaron with his car. His was white with flag-type stickers all over. Very American and cool. It's been a lot of fun for me to see Aaron and Greg working on the car. And really, is there anything cuter than an 8 year old boy in his scout shirt? Melts me every time.




Two Conversations with Emmy:

Conversation #1

Em: Mom, I want to mawwee (marry) Kate.

Me: You can't marry Kate. Girls don't marry girls. Girls marry boys.

Em: Otay, then I will mawwee Aawon, betause he is a boy.

Me: (no response, I didn't want to burst her bubble.)

Later on...

Em: Aawon, I am going to mawwee you, otay?

Aaron: Oh, Emmy, you can't marry me. You don't marry your brother. You have to marry a different boy.

Em: (sighs) Otay. I guess I will mawwee Wiwwiam Dween instead. He is my fwiend and I wuv him.

Sidenote: Can't we bring back arranged marriages? That little William Green is a keeper!

Conversation #2

Em: (being silly and Emmy-ish)

Me: Emmy, you're pretty funny.

Em: (hurt) I'm not funny! (perking up) I'm just pwetty.

9 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

I think it is so fun to watch the Dads at the Pinewood Derby! You should arrange that marriage... I see no problem with that!

Tawna Searle said...

Emmy is soooooo cute, I love to have her over, that goes for any of you kids. I'm sure Aiden would love to marry Emmy

The Johnson J's!! said...

I believe arranged marriage is a wonderful idea... I want to hook Beene up with Luke Johnson! He is a cutie, and he was the first boy besides her brothers that she LOVED!!! Your little Emmy is a keeper!!!

Heidi Green said...

1. That picture is pure Aaron!

2. I'm all for that arrangement!

3. Emmy is a pwetty girl... you gotta love that cutie!

We need to get together more... what is going on with us lately?!

Janalynn said...

It's times like these that makes me sad that my kids are growing up. No more cute funny conversations with them. However I can't waite for Porter to be in cubs, so I too can be a Den Mom!

Heather said...

How fun for you to write down these memorable conversations. They are pricesless! You have the cutest family!

jamie said...

cute kids! can't wait to see them at Christmas!

Rochelleht said...

We have the 'why you can't marry Derick talk' on a fairly regular basis around here. But I mean, who can blame the girls? He may not be 'marriage material', but he's about as cute as they come.

GarrGroup said...

That Emmy just melts me! She is so darling and we love having her come over.