
When I lived in Providence I made some of the greatest friends ever. In an effort to maintain our friendships, we have tried to get together every 18 months and scrapbook. The party was this last weekend. Carla flew in from Seattle and Tamra and Amy drove down from the beautiful Cache Valley. Greg, the father of the year, took himself and our kids to Grandma Kathy's so we girls could have the house to ourselves from Thursday night to Saturday evening. We had a ball. Amy's energy never quits, Tamra never fails to make me laugh, and Carla's crazy stories are always the best. I am just thankful that these amazing ladies made the time for our get together. We are all busy moms, so carving out a weekend is not easy. It was so worth it!
This is Carla. She is one of the coolest friends ever. I mean, she came clear from Seattle! You're never bored with this gal. She scrapbooks all digital now, so she spent her time making about 100 Christmas cards. After she made them, we joked that we hoped to get one of the fancy cards. In total Carla deadpan, she said her B list would just get a paper that said, "Here's your damn card." I am secretly hoping for both types of cards.

Our cute friends, Serena and Melanie, met us for dinner on Friday night. We spent 3 plus hours there, visiting the night away. The restaurant served total Nacho Libre corn ("Get that corn outta my face!"). I could have just ordered two cobs of corn and been completely satisfied. Apparently Carla agreed with me on the corn because it was worthy of photos. First Serena, then me, lovin' up the corn.
Here we are outside of the restaurant. Serena, Tamra, Melanie, me, and Carla. Amy is taking the photo. Thanks for the photos, Carla! When Carla's around, I put my camera away because I know she'll pass on her photos to me. Nice!
We visited and laughed every moment we were together. Nobody wanted to go to bed because we had so much fun. When I cracked open a Diet Coke at 1:00 am, Carla followed suit. Who wants to go to bed when the company you're with is so entertaining?
To Serena, Melanie, Jamie, Mickel, and Kelly (missed you, Kel): Put March 2010 on your calendar!
To Amy, Tamra, and Carla: I miss you all so much! I am so thankful for our friendships and I think we're geniuses for keeping it up. March 2010 will be a blast!


11 comments:
what a fun weekend! glad you have such great friends and that you were able to hang out with them.
That sounds like a blast! That is good you keep in touch like that! What a fun time! That is nice of your husband to take the kids like that for you too!
How fun! It's great to have such friends. I have some friends from grade school that I still see. We act silly and do things that we just can't do, without the company of each other. Awsome you can get together and spend a couple of nights just with the girls!!
That is awsome, makes me want to start something cool like you. tee hee hee.
March 2010... can't wait! Thanks for being the hostess with the mostess! I was fabulous to see you all and I'm so happy we make the effort to get together! What a great weekend! Did you finish your year off on Saturday night?
Love your blog... it's always fun to check it out. Congragulate Greg for being the husband of the year!
I think we also need to comment that the group photo (with all the diet coke with limes in the background) was taken at 3:17 am!
It is great to have friends that even though you haven't been with them for a while, you can pick up the friendship and crazyness where you left off!
Carla, of course I finished it, I am the winner, must I remind you! Ha! Actually, I need to type in all my journaling and slip it into the plastic sheets. Then 2007 is complete and I'm off to a new digital scrapbooking adventure for 2008. As often as I scrapbook, that will happen in March 2010. :)
What great times! Thanks for being the winning hostess, Biffy!
I must have missed something. I swear that in my mind, it was going to be an annual event.. Just had to be moved this first time because Amy wanted it to be every year the 1st weekend of November. Did I dream that? Daniel keeps asking if next time can be @ our house & the boys can come. "Sorry Charlie. I love you, but no, " I have to say.
Looks like you had a great time! You gals are too wild for me--3:00am? I think I'd die.
WOW! That sounds like a party. What a great husband to take the kids away for that many days...father/husband of the year for sure! Friends are great aren't they?
I hope all is well with ya'all there in Utah, we miss it but are enjoying our time together!
Post a Comment