“Well, we floated the Boise river. It was an overcast day, like, no sun. I fell in but Uncle Doug saved my glasses luckily. After that we went to Baskin Robbins and we all got to have two scoops because it was dollar scoop Tuesday. Do you want to know what everyone got? I got raspberry cheese and French vanilla.”
“You mean raspberry cheesecake?”
“No, raspberry cheese.”
“Well, don’t you think it was raspberry cheesecake and the word cake just got left off the sign?”
“No. Mom, it was raspberry cheese, that’s all the sign said and it wasn’t cut off. It was so good. You have got to try it. So anyway, Grace got French vanilla and strawberry sherbet, Jackson and Eliza both got lime dacor and strawberry sherbet.”
“Lime daiquiri?”
“Yeah, that. And Quentin got lemon custard and lime daquer, daqweri, whatever it’s called. So after that we went home and changed and went to the mall. When we were home we just played legos all the time. The next day we went to the Twin Falls temple.”
“What was that like?”
“It was good.”
“What did it look like?”
“Well, haven’t you ever been there? In this one room, where they get married, there were big mirrors on both walls, so you could look into the mirrors and see another mirror and another mirror, and another mirror and it just goes on and on. And on the stand thing in there, they had these whadya call them, like placemat tablecloth things, they were like doilies. They were really cool. And in another room there was this huge painting. It was so pretty. It was a painting, of like, the mountains you could just look out your windows and see. And a waterfall. It was so pretty.”
“How many nights did you stay at Grace and Eliza’s?”
“Like three or four.”
“Did you get homesick?”
“Yeah, I cried a little bit every night when I was going to bed. And this might sound really weird, and I don’t mean it bad, but I kind of got sick of having fun and doing stuff. I just wanted to come home and be alone for a while. That’s weird, huh?”
“No sweetie, I think that’s normal. It’s fun to do lots of stuff, but you need time to yourself too.”
“Yeah, I agree.”
“I love you babe.”
“Love you too.”
2 comments:
precious. she's getting big.
How cute... I love all the details! That was cute how you posted just what she said.
Post a Comment