
Tamra outed me in the comments! My birthday was Tuesday. It’s not that I was trying to hide or anything, it just didn’t seem blogworthy. She suggested I blog about my hopes and dreams. Okay, so my hopes and dreams include a weekly housekeeper and weekly laundry service. I’m not close to having either of these. Is laundry service even something that’s available? Or do only old, rich, confirmed bachelors do that?
So what would you rather? Housekeeper or laundry? I have to say, as much as I love a clean house, I hate laundry more. It is never done. NEVER! The piles,(you know how much I HATE piles….yet I can never get rid of them completely), the folding, the ironing (rare around here, but it still lurks), then you put it away and see the baskets are half full again. Housekeeping would be wonderful and perhaps more attainable, but laundry service…aaahhhh. Total hopes and dreams.
A chef and Mary Poppins wouldn't be refused 'round here either...
5 comments:
i don't mind the laundry, i just wish i had more knowledge about the best way to remove certain stains and such. but i do HATE to dust. if i could just have a duster, that would make me happy. i guess that's what kris is for...and then when the girls get older, that's what they're for.
Having someone come in every other week makes all the difference for me. It is so nice to not have to worry about the deep cleaning. I still clean all the time, but I don't have to think about the nasty stuff. I hate laundry, but I just do it all on Wed. I fold, iron and sort in my room while I watch my fave Jane Austen flicks. It is the easiest way for me to do it. I don't think about it the rest of the week.
I would much rather have laundry help than housecleaning. Like you said, laundry is never ending! I can do it all day and next thing, there is another basket to do!
I love to clean and organize. Plus if I am doing the cleaning I can put things where they go.
I used to be like Jamie ("i don't mind the laundry") but my attitude has changed in recent years. I'm beginning to think that laundry grows exponentially with each addition to the family. Jamie - get back to me when you've had more kids and let me know if I'm right or just getting lazier.
Ditto Rochelle on the housekeeper. . .
I'll take the laundry any day! I've got a pretty good system down. The problem with housekeeping is it seems my kids follow me around messing things up as soon as I get them clean. With laundry, other than wearing the clothes, there's not much they can do to hinder my efforts. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment