One more thing, I have to report a day before school first in our house. All school kids were lights out in bed by 7:50! And they actually went to sleep! I have to record this permanently because I'm sure it's a once in a lifetime event. Happy school everyone!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
First Day of School Eve
It's an unofficial holiday, isn't it? I'm sure it's not up there with Christmas, but at least the first day of school comes with just as much anticipation as say, Valentine's Day, don't you think? We have a fun little tradition for the start of school. It's our annual Fashion Show! Everyone that will be going to school picks two or three of their fave outfits to model. We play music and Greg and I mc the event. It's a kick. We normally have neighbor kids participate in our fashion show with us, but because of time restraints this year, it was just us. My fashionistas did not dissapoint. 

They set up blankets for backdrops that matched each person's personality. Hah! I'm sure that was all Kate's doing. She likes to organize things like that. Kate has become soooo opinionated about the clothes she wears. As she puts it, "I'm just not into pink," and when I had her try on the CUTEST plaid skirt and matching argyle sweater vest, "Mom, this is really cute and all, but fourth grade fashion is more like, jeans and a t-shirt. This is just to little girlish." At least I can still sway Holly into wearing whatever I pick. The best part about our fashion show was the dance performance that followed. I videoed it and it was awesome - Aaron was totally trying to break dance the whole time. Priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
ah...the fashion show. glad you're keeping the tradition alive. we'll probably follow suit here in a couple years. i hope you have a smooth first day of school.
SO fun! We had ourselves a little party last night, too. I'll blog it later. Jane is SOOOO hard to buy clothes for. No gathers or puffs anywhere! Try finding girl clothes that fit that description. Well, that don't also look like trucker clothes. I've started spending way more from high-end stores, just to find the right stuff. It's ridiculous. But it beats buying the wrong stuff and having to give it away because she won't wear it. UGH! Thank goodness for Grace.
Kenzie is the same way. Shopping for her this year was a total test of my patience. No frills, no bright colors. It's difficult to bargain shop that way, so I didn't, which totally goes against my nature. It seriously makes me feel ill.
Rich told me about your fun fashion show! You are always fun of fun and great ideas.
I also love your family picture on the side. I count fam pics a sucess if everyone is looking, and a bonus if everyone is also smiling!!
Your children are just too darn creative! What fun!
i love the idea of that fashion show! your family is so cute!
Biffy, I would love to put you on my list! You can e-mail your address to me at tkfonzie@frontiernet.net or just put it on one of Heidi's comments and I will do the rest:).
Happy Birthday, Biffy! Today you need to do a post about YOU. Things that make you smile, things you like, things you want to do before you die, whatever. Just something to celebrate the wonderful woman that is Biffy! I hope you have a great day! (And I hope I have the right date.)
Love, Tamra
ohh i love that idea!! that sounds so fun. your kids look darling in their new duds!
Post a Comment