Monday, January 12, 2009

Alright, Already, I'm Alive

Hello there folks, it's me. I am alive. I've been alive all along, I've just fallen out of the blogging habit. Busy Christmas, super fun house guests, busy holiday, putting it all away, sick kids, you get the idea. So I'll blog about some of it sometime. Tonight is a quick post. We had a great home evening. Holly was in charge of the lesson and she organized a talent show. Here are the talents we enjoyed (in order):

Kate: Backbend from a standing position, back up to standing. Awesome!
Emmy: Running around the couch
Holly: Cartwheel AND a spinney (how do you spell that? it rhymes with ninny) dance
Me: Sign language to "As I Have Loved You" that I remembered from my primary days
Aaron: Dodging balls (My personal favorite of the night - he had the big bin of balls and we were instructed to throw the balls at him whilst he dodged.)
Greg: Juggling kitchen items - orange, whisk, wooden spoon, and a knife

I'd highly recommend a talent show family home evening. It was utterly delightful.

As a bonus, here's something else that is utterly delightful: hosting a sister-in-law that makes fondant on a marble slab and then dips the creamy goodness in chocolate. Jamie rules the Christmas candy world.














Deb, you crack me up.

8 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Great FHE! We have a talent show for Young Women's tomorrow night. I'm going to Goodwill today to see if I can find a costume to wear so I can do the Copa Cabana.

CJ Liang said...

Great to see you are alive and that you are well! Fun FHE idea!

Courtnie said...

I have missed your blog posts so much..it is about time you are back!:) Your FHE sounds like fun!
That christmas candy looks so good, i want some right now!

tkfonzie said...

It's good to hear from you again :).
The FHE idea sounds like lots of fun and the candy-making looked like it was even funner!

Heidi Green said...

Super fun fhe, I'm very impressed that you remember the sign language. Did Greg really juggle with a knife?

Mickel said...

Fun FHE! It sure beat ours...thought we'd start out the new year by reviewing "Sampson Family Rules" and the principle of agency/consequences...SNOOZER, but NECESSARY! When we got home from Church on Sunday, the kids got out of the car, and Shaun and I locked ourselves in for a "cooling off period," followed by much discussion, revamping of the family rules, and our FUN FHE. I'm expecting a miraculous change in behavior today!

AIMEE said...

FHE, what's that? It looks like you guys had tons of fun. You are such a fun mom!

AIMEE said...

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I have missed reading about you. Next time you take an extended leave of absence, Warn Us First! ;)
P.S. Loved your x-mas treats. Gained a few pounds & I don't even care. It was worth it.