Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Top Five Photos from Christmas

I feel the Christmas blog post hanging over me. I know I should do it and I love reading everyone else's. I am going to make mine as short and sweet as possible. Here are the top five photos from Christmas.My mom's cousin is Santa. He always comes to her house on Christmas Eve. It's so much fun for my kids. Of course Holly and Emmy were scared.
This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. We barricade the bottom of the stairs and leave pots and pans and instruments for the kids to bang on to let us know when they wake up. I love this tradition. My kids also sleep all together in the same room on Christmas Eve. This year it was in Holly's room and she was over the moon.
The Christmas jammies. Santa's elves leave the jammies wrapped up on our doorstep to let the kids know that Santa is on his way. The elves ring the doorbell but my kids have never caught them. We know it's the elves because they leave tiny footprints in the snow and glitter all over. This is my and Greg's absolute favorite tradition. It's the most magical moment of Christmas. (For Providence friends: The elves used to stop at Holly Duncan's house before she passed away. I'm so glad Holly shared this tradition with me.)Santa brought Aaron this humongous Lego set. Aaron spent about 14 hours working on it on Christmas day. He took a break for about 45 minutes to play his new Wii game and then went right on working. The next day he spent about 4 hours finishing the ship. About five minutes after this "finished product" photo was taken, the ship suffered some serious damage. It has not been fixed yet so I'm really glad I got the photo for the moment it was done!

The nativity. Mary looking bored. The star in all her glory. A sword fighting shepherd and a texting Joseph. Yeah, I'm sure this is how it all went down in Bethlehem, too.

6 comments:

Tauna Hall said...

By the way Biffy, you had 7 pictures not 5. I laughed at the nativity, and then felt relieved that I didn't have to participate in it this year. And Deb does look funny on the next blog. -Tauni

jamie said...

fun to see the parts of Christmas we didn't see while we were there. and wow, tauni reads your blog!

AIMEE said...

My favorite is the kids sportin there PJ's. Too Cute!

Heidi Green said...

Loved the last photo the best!

I also loved your picture of the barricade... your kids will love to look back at that one.

Melissa said...

I love the jammies and the elves dropping them off. What a darling idea! & the baracade! how fun is that!

Michelle Denson said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute!