CONTEST
I'm toying with the idea of doing another healthy eating and exercise contest. I'm not sure if I have enough mental energy for this, but as you know I recently had a baby and could really use some extra motivation to put down the cookie. Heidi and I tried for about five days to do a little challenge with each other, but I failed miserably. I was just looking at my post at the end of our contest a year ago {HERE} and it made me remember how great I feel when I take good care of my body. What stinks is that my tired post-baby body is WEAK and doesn't want to do push-ups or pass up treats. Anyone out there want to do a contest? Leave a comment and let me know.
CONSISTENCY
The posts from my contest a year ago are embedded in my "blog every day for a month" fling. That goal of blogging every day was a real pain some of the time, but now that I look back at it, I really like that I just blogged my random thoughts and happenings. It gave a nice snapshot of my life. So, for posterity and journaling purposes, I am going to do it again. I'll blog every day for a month. It might just be one sentence or photo sometimes, but it'll be something.
VAMPIRES
Twilight was on television last night. We started watching it for a second and ended up watching most of the movie. Hahaha! It made me laugh with all of the DRAMA in that series. My stance stays the same on the books - intriguing storyline, average writing, annoying Bella, some fun details, a lot of sap. I think the side character Jessica was one of my favorite parts of the movie. Also, Greg got a kick out of the fact that Edward was Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter IV and that Jacob is Sharkboy in the perennial favorite, Sharkboy and Lavagirl. And seriously, having someone watch you sleep all night? Eew.
8 comments:
I couldn't get past the first book and I've never seen any of the movies. To over the top.
I can't participate in a contest 'cause that would require me to put this twizzler down and that just won't do.
That's TOO, not TO. Yes, I was an English major. Remember?
In my defense, there SERIOUSLY was nothing else on TV last night. I swear. (Oh, I'm so embarassed...)
I MIGHT possibly be convinced to CONSIDR joining you in a contest. The one my family did a year ago was AMAZING!
Can't wait to read your ramblings for a month.
I have never read or seen a second of Twilight. I have considered going over to the dark side though.
Greg, I can't wait to tell Bryan. :) Don't tell him I told, but I do think he actually watched one of the movies on a flight once. (In his defense, he said he wanted to know what all the girls in his USU ward were talking about.)
These comments crack me up! I am totally in with you on the contest thing. I really need to get back into healthy habits. Would you believe my sleep is something that is slacking lately? That is something I've never struggled with.
I agree about the consistency thing. As soon as I gave up trying to make each and every post I made perfect, I blogged more and I love looking back on our family "journal"
Ha ha to all of the Twilight stuff. I was at book club last week and we started talking about the series a bit. It's kind of funny to see the backlash surrounding everyone's obsession with it.
You're all so funny. Jared and I have stared our own little contest...from now until he takes the bar...about 8 weeks. We'll see how it goes. I have acutally started to run these past few weeks...a first in my life. I can run 4 miles, who knew. As far as Twilight goes, I already have my midnight showing tickets for eclipse. Call me crazy, I went to the midnight showing of New Moon. It was so fun, I have to do it again. It is such a fun outing, the ladies swooning are hilarious, but it's an absolute kick...you should give it a try. Keep posted on your contest, maybe I might jump aboard.
I think that we have almost the exact same opinion on Twilight:). I feel like what she intended as a great, original idea has snowballed to the point of being embarrasing: I have a 13 year old niece who fought her mom to be first to read a book in the latest 'vampire love story' series to be released. A lot of the ideas are just to mature for a 13 year old.
No contest for me. But I am running in a half marathon the end of the summer!!! I am up to 8 miles. But the contest would be too much pressure for me right now. And the way I do things is all or nothing, and I couldn't do it all...
I think I need to copy your blogging challenge, if you don't mind. I tried a while ago, but failed... But if you are doing it too, maybe we could keep each other company. I'm on the computer everyday anyway.
And I follow the twilight crowd more than I thought I would. Not that I think the writing or movies are the best ever, it's just really fun! And I have my midnight tickets already too, like Kristen!
Post a Comment