Sunday, May 9, 2010


I've spent the last hour online reading Facebook posts and blogs all honoring Mother's Day. And then I stalked a girl's Facebook page. I know this girl and she's drop dead beautiful and professionally successful. She had an amazing wedding and put the pictures on Facebook. I got a little jealous looking at her glamorous life. I got a little overwhelmed thinking about my non-glamorous life that needs dusting, weeding, and de-cluttering - literally and figuratively. But then I got an email from my mom. She's with my sister and her family for Mother's Day for my new niece's baby blessing. The photos of the baby, Debbie, and my mom brought me back to reality. They reminded me of how much I love being a mother and how I don't care how unromantic it is to mop the floor or stain the deck. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I thank God every day for the opportunity. Mothering is where it's at.

6 comments:

Rochelleht said...

PERFECT post, precious picture!

Heidi Green said...

Love it. Perfect thoughts, thanks. :)

tkfonzie said...

It is all about perspective:).

Jill said...

It's nice to have your priorities right...because that is what brings happiness. You're so awesome!! Hope you had a great mothers day and are loving that baby. I'm so angry at how fast they grow! ☺

tkfonzie said...

Hey Biffy, you asked about Ice box Dessert...It is a crust of crushed vanilla wafers mixed with cocoa and butter then layered with a vanilla custardy-chiffon mixture and topped with chocolate shavings. It is a Pierce secret recipe...ask Heidi about it:).

AIMEE said...

I catch myself having those same thoughts. Just like you, I get back to reality and it is wonderful! YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN!