These incredibly enjoyable dangers are absent on today’s playgrounds. My kids’ school has monkey bars, but they are too high to realistically play on the top of them. And they are (thankfully) on top of several inches of playground bark. But the school doesn’t have any swings. C’mon, where’s the love?
But, if you want danger, I’ll give you danger! Our city park has what I affectionately call the wheel of death. My kids LOVE it. They spend all of their park time on the wheel. They used to just sit and let other kids spin them. Now, Kate and Aaron are among the bigger kids on the wheel, and they love to push it around in circles and try to hop on without getting dragged. Holly is a rider, and Emmy, well, I won’t let her partake quite yet. I love watching the kids on the wheel. They will fall, get dragged, and then just shake it off and play some more. I know it is dangerous. I’m sure that because I posted this, the next time we’re there, the wheel will draw blood in my family. But it is so much fun! (I can’t get on it. Spinning makes me puke in my old age.)
We went to said park last week. We had Jamie and her darling little girls with us. Here are some picts of the wheel of death and other playground fun.
We went to said park last week. We had Jamie and her darling little girls with us. Here are some picts of the wheel of death and other playground fun.
My cute niece Lexi isn't afraid of the swings! Below this picture is Aunt Tauni and cute Tatum, Lexi's sister.
Kate and Emmy. Emmy mostly hung out on the slides. Far less scary than the wheel of death.
2 comments:
Holy crap! I didn't actually realize that you had your blog up and running! I am sorry I haven't seen it yet :) It is so cute, you'll have to show me how to do the html thing... I am computer illiterate. yay, now we can comment back and forth and keep in touch through our computers since we live SO far away!!
Where is that park? We want to come with you sometime.
Post a Comment