

When you look up at the mountains out our back windows, you can see two little balls of white on the
tippy top of the mountain. One Sunday in late September Greg decided we should drive up there and see what those balls are. Turns out they sit at the Francis Peak Radar Site. The ball structures themselves weren't all that neat but the view, oh the view! We were on top of the world! With binoculars Greg said he could see our house. I never could find it but I certainly could see the general area where our neighborhood is. The drive up the mountain totally gave me anxiety - it was a narrow dirt road winding up a mountain with
steeeep drop offs. (On the way down the mountain I just closed my eyes and slept because I seriously was having a heart attack on the way up.) Once we got to the end of the road we walked a quarter of a mile or so up to the radars. The kids were loving it. It was such a beautiful day and was so fun to get out and do something different. We were about ready to leave when some
parasailers (is that what that is?) were hiking to the top to fly down with their parachutes. So of course we stayed an hour and a half longer watching them ready their gear, visiting with them about the whole process, and then waiting out the wind so we could watch them take off. What a treat! I would LOVE to do that someday - tandem of course!

My cute and awesome husband. I love how he gets a bee in his bonnet about doing something as a family and won't let it rest until we do it!


Can't you just hear Karen Carpenter?
4 comments:
hooray for the mountains!
I'm commenting again. EEK! But I have to share that when I was growing up & we took trips to Utah, we usually wound up @ some high point "Lookin' Down on Creation" and I always sang that song.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR BIFFY POSTED???? Well geez it's about time!! It's not like your pregnant and have 5 kids or anything ;)
What a fun family activity! I can hear Karen! Except Carpenters singing means Saturday work! My mom always played them on cleaning days! YUCK! Well sometimes it was Barry Manilow or Neil Diamond...then in high school it was Jim Brickman...
Post a Comment