- Thanks Greg for getting me there! I seriously married the best man ever. (And he's cute, too.)
- Funny, in all of the talks, nobody mentioned that having a perfectly clean house helped their kids turn out. Phew!
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Just What I Needed
Greg and I went to the adult session of stake conference tonight. Two women from our stake (one from our ward) spoke on raising children. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Some things I want to work on: consistent family scripture study, more consistency with kids' chores (we recently started a new system), keeping anger out of my voice if I need to be stern (loved this concept), and focusing more on my kids' strengths (my job is to build them up every chance I get). Some things I think we're doing pretty well with: family home evening, creating a haven in our home, enjoying the moment, hugs, and family prayer. My spiritual cup was filled tonight. I love it when I can listen to talks like these and be uplifted and motivated instead of feeling like a horrible mother. Tender mercies, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
just what we all need, right? usually i'm the most cranky when the house is a mess, but when i think about it, i remember that as long as i don't let it become a pigsty, other things are more important right now. i'll have an immaculate house when the rugrats stop following me around, undo-ing everything i am doing.
Ah, I love it. Ours is in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited!
I was out of town and missed all of stake conf - I was bummed! I look forward to the adult session each year especially....and not just because we go out to dinner after! :)
You seem to be doing something right - I would put you down as a girl with her priorities in the right place. I've learned to say the phrase.."clean enough". That usually takes a lot of the guilt out of it for me.
I miss you on here. I know you're busy, but how can the blogging world survive without pictures and stories of 5 of the cutest kids I know?! I'm in withdrawl... I guess I just don't talk with you or see you enough, you know?! ;)
Post a Comment