Thursday, February 25, 2010

Update

1. We are having our baby tomorrow. Yay! It is a scheduled c-section. Boo. But that's okay as long as we end up with a healthy, wiggly girl. Greg came down with the stomach flu yesterday. It looks like he'll be better by tomorrow. If I get sick tonight then the baby will have to wait a couple more days. Other than that, tomorrow is the birthday! (One nice thing - we don't have to be there until the afternoon, so Kristen, I'm keeping my hair appointment in the morning! :)



2. Last month our family and Kate's best friend Jacey's family did a day of service for Disneyland tickets. It was so much fun. We signed up on the Disney website and the service organization (Kids Against Hunger) had so many volunteers that our day of service was only 2 1/2 hours. We helped pack individual dehydrated meals to be sent to Haiti. This made a HUGE impact on my kids. They have talked about it ever since. Holly still says in her prayers, "please bless that the kids in Haiti can get the food we sent to them." We will definitely go back and do this again. We went to Salt Lake to a church called K2 the church and they have teamed up with Kids Against Hunger to pack 47,000 meals on the fourth Saturday of every month. While we were there for 2 1/2 hours we helped do 22,00 meals. It was awesome. The Disney tickets were icing on the cake!


3. Last week I went to Logan for lunch with friends. How I miss my Logan friends! It was so fun and I wished I could have stayed longer and talked with everyone more. My friend Jan asked me if they would make the blog. Well of course! But you may have to wait for the pictures to show up because I'm having a baby tomorrow and I don't have time to do the picture thing right now. But you Providence women are treasures in my life. Thank you for being so wonderful!


4. Emmy's new favorite phrase is "What the what?" She cracks me up.


5. Kate and Aaron have been obsessed with two book series lately. The Percy Jackson series and the 39 Clues series. It's so fun to hear them talk about the books together. I just finished reading the Percy Jackson series just so I could talk with them about it. They were fun books and I can totally see why they have captivated my kids. Lots of action, adventure, and humor. Perfect for Kate and Aaron.


6. I finished the baby room and it is super cute. I'll try to post pictures eventually.


7. I have the best neighbors and friends. I've had so many offers of help for the arrival of this baby. Thank you all! I'm sure I'll be calling you soon. Seriously, I can just feel the love!!

10 comments:

Heidi Green said...

I figured you may be doing a post today since you are going to be out of commission for a while and also because you commented on my post right as I was finishing up with it. Loved the update. Can't wait to meet the new one. You know you're in my prayers.

shauna said...

Great update! I am so excited to meet the newest addition. I'm right here if you need help! Best wishes tomorrow.

Jamie Kent said...

I am excited for you! Good luck with everything!! I am loving the Percy Jackson series too! My kids as well!!

Heather said...

We are so excited for you! We will be praying that all goes as planned and I can't wait to meet your new little one! I hope you know that I am only a call away... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, even a little. I owe you so much!!
You are such a great mom and friend!!

ps-congrats on the end of the pregnancy!!! That in and of itself deserves celebration!! And then look at the amazing gift you get out of it!!!

Rochelleht said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! So excited!

I just bought the Lightning Thief to read to my kiddos. I'm excited to share that with them.

Andrew and Carly Child said...

Yay Biffy!! I'm excited to meet my new (and probably last) cousin! Good luck with everything tomorrow. We will be praying for you!

tkfonzie said...

This pregnancy seems to have gone by so fast (for us I am sure ;). I hope that everything goes well for you today, you are awesome!

Celia Turner said...

Sorry to hear you had to have a C-section. Hope your recovery is quick. (you're in great shape, so you should be good!) Congrats on the new little Turner babe! Can't wait to meet her!

Kelly said...

ps. I live in North Logan - not providence. ;) I am super excited to see your darling new addition. AND, I wish I would have been able to visit with you more at the lunch~ Boo hoo. Best of luck!

The Hammons' said...

Hey. So I am a little late in reading this. I thought the c-section was supposed to be today if you hadn't had the baby yet. I hope the c-section went well. I'm excited to hear about your little one. I hope you are both adjusting to her life on the "outside". You are in my prayers. Congrats!!