Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Two Funny Conversations

(Picture taken at Grammy Joanie's at Christmas. It has nothing to do with this post except it has both Holly and Emmy in the photo.)


Conversation #1 (picking up Emmy from preschool):

Emmy: Oh mom, I have to go potty.
Me: Okay, buckle in and we're going straight home. Can you wait until we get home?
Emmy: Yeah, but you've go to weally fast. As fast as dad's twuck, mom!
Me: Okay, I've got to turn around here and then we'll go.
Emmy: Mom, I need to go potty weally bad! You've got to go fast, you've got to go fasto than...(thinks a second) go fasto than Jesus!
Me: (taken aback, holding back a giggle) Um, okay?
Emmy: Well, mom, just go fasto than evewefing but Jesus. Because Jesus is the fastest.

[We had briefly mentioned Jesus fasting for forty days the night before at Family Home Evening. I have no idea if there was a connection there.]


Conversation #2 (picking Holly up from tumbling)
Holly: Mom, you know how the Mickey Mouse characters have, ya know, they all have gloves.
Me: Uh-huh
Holly: Well, why do you think they all have gloves?
Me: I don't really know. Maybe when Walt Disney was drawing them he thought the gloves looked cute.
Holly: Yeah, maybe....or maybe their hands are just really yucky and gross underneath those gloves.
It's all a big Disney cover up conspiracy, I'm sure. :)

PS. A shout out to my cute friend, Amber!!!!! She is going to be on KSL Studio 5 tomorrow at 11:00 to introduce a scrapbook line that she created for her scrapbook company (Memory-Works.com). I've seen the product and it makes scrapbooking a cinch and is sooooo cute! Set your DVR and see what it's all about! I'm so excited for you, Amber!

1 comment:

Rochelleht said...

Oh, that is SOOOO cute. And so are those girls. I love Holly's hair. CUTE bangs. I've never been brave enough to give my girls or myself bangs.