Okay, it's been too long since I posted. I'm doing a little experiment here. I wasn't intending to post right now so I'm just going to give you a completely spontaneous random dump of my brain.
1. I felt pretty crummy this morning. My throat is sore - like I'm swallowing past a golf ball lodged in there. I don't feel bona fide sick, but I can tell I need to catch up on some sleep.
2. Speaking of golf balls, nice how Tiger is thrashing the media for being so invasive. I agree that the media is way too invasive, but Tiger's scolding them is ill-timed. He seems to be trying to take the focus off the fact that he was cheating on his wife for over two and a half years. Greg and I have discussed this whole scandal a bunch.
Greg: "Really, Biff, are you all that surprised? All professional athletes cheat. It doesn't make it right, but you shouldn't be surprised at this."
Me: "Yes, I am surprised because he's always seemed like he had his head on straight AND his wife is hot, AND now I think he's a complete a** for cheating on his pregnant wife."
Greg: "Yeah, but I'm not surprised. Disappointed yes, but surprised, no."
Me: "Did you see a picture of this girl he's been cheating with? She's not all that - I mean, she's cute and all, but..."
Greg: "Men are pigs. That's why our girls will never wear bikinis. Men are pigs."
3. We went to Oregon to my sister Debbie's for Thanksgiving. The drive was LOOOOONNNNNGGGG but worth it. We had such a great time. We went to a gingerbread house contest/display that was amazing! The kids had a blast with their cousins and I had a delightful time cooking, visiting, and shopping with my three favorite women in the world, my mom and sisters. Kris and Jamie came later in the weekend so for a day and a half we were all together. So fun! (I've hit black Friday early in the morning two years in a row now, and I think I'm kinda hooked. We had a riot AND I think I saved at least $200 on my purchases!)
4. Kate's birthday was yesterday. How I love that girl. She's eleven!!! I have waited eleven years for this babysitter! I checked her out of school at lunchtime. We went to Red Lobster (her choice) for lunch and then to the mall for some shopping. The girl grows like a weed and her skirts are always suddenly too short when I look at them at church. She got two new church outfits...alas, they are outfits now - skirts and tops - she no longer digs the girly dresses. Lots of fashion opinions are oozing out of that girl. Thankfully Holly and Emmy are still semi-cooperative in letting me decide their clothes. But I think Kate had a great birthday. We had steak for dinner and Grandma and Tauni came to celebrate. I only do friend parties every other year and this year, 2009, has been so nice with just family celebrations. I'm gearing up for 2010 - an even year - a year of friend parties.
Soooo....
the toilets are cleaned
the laundry has not been started
the Christmas decorations are up
I need to make some dinner
And some cookies for the weekend because hey, I'm pregnant so we eat desserts around here again
The End
7 comments:
I'm gonna say the experiment worked. That was great!
Tiger is a naughty word... I am so disgusted with him.
Hey you, Kayden's birthday is actually the day after Kate's!I just posted the night before. That is funny, I didn't realize we had kids with birthdays that close! I love Black Friday, don't you?
Oh, I'm so with you and Heidi. Tiger's a naughty word. I am totally sick about it. I know I'm an idiot for being surprised, but I am. I want his career to tank!!!
I love reading your blog! Please don't wait that long between posts again!! I agree that Tiger is an ass. He is full of himself and should be kicked in the jimmy for cheating on his wife. again, I say, what an ass. You look so cute prego and I am totally jealous that you have sisters to spend fun shopping trips with... I've always wanted a sister. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow at Sonali's for the cookie/donation thingy. :)
Yea for Cookies :).
It is great to hear from you again, we've missed you. I agree with your hubby except my boys will not date girls who WEAR bikinis...we don't want them to become pigs;0.
i like your brain dumps. it was fun to see you and glad you found some deals on black friday. i, too, was surprised at the tiger news. he just seemed incorruptible. it just goes to show...
Post a Comment