Saturday, December 12, 2009

Yummy


Okay, so I've been trying to not waste food lately. For example, leftover peppers and onions from fajitas - throw them in a stir fry the next night, or milk that expired that day - I made up some rice pudding to use up the milk. I'm not sure what has come over me, but it's been my little challenge to not let things go bad and get thrown out (except for that stinky broccoli I threw out today). So tonight I noticed a bag of fresh cranberries in the crisper. I bought them right before Thanksgiving and didn't end up using them. They were begging to be used or thrown away in the next couple of days. So I got them out, picked out the mushy ones, and looked online for a good cranberry muffin recipe. There were a lot of funky recipes out there. I went for the one with orange zest and buttermilk in the ingredients. They were so YUMMY! This picture isn't mine, it comes from this blog where I got the recipe. But my muffins look just the same as this. And those cranberries look so much happier in a muffin than in the trash!

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Now I feel like a loser. I just threw out a bag of fresh cranberries I used as decoration in a water jug. It never occurred to me to use them in muffins.

Jamie Kent said...

Yum! Looks good to me!