
So I read on Facebook yesterday morning that two of my dearest friends from Providence, Tamra and Serena were getting together for lunch. It made me so jealous that I skipped on over to Logan to join them. We had such a great afternoon! It was a blast, ladies! Thanks for letting me crash the party!
I took Emmy with me. She is such a delightful little companion. She talked nonstop (when the movie wasn't on) in the car, she was so excited to get her corndog for lunch, and she happily colored on kid menus while we ladies visited for two hours. Then she promptly fell asleep for the long car ride home. She isn't always so easy to be sure, but yesterday she was a gem. It will be such a change to add a newborn to our days. It's going to be fun to have Emmy be the big sister while everyone is at school.
As if my day wasn't already fantastic, after the kids got home from school, my friend Janalynn and I stole off to the movies. We saw the Michael Jackson movie, This Is It. HOLY COW!!!! It was so much fun! I was totally dancing in my seat. It made me so sad for all of the people that worked so hard on what was to be his last concert series. It would have been an awesome concert. I came home and started showing my kids Michael Jackson's dance moves on you tube. However mysterious or strange he was, I don't think anyone has ever disputed his talent. If you like MJ's music or are just plain fascinated by him, go see this movie! It plays for one more week and that's all. Give me a call, I'll totally go see it again. (But be warned, you might have to put up with me trying to moonwalk into the theater.)
9 comments:
I knew you went to lunch but I didn't know you went to see this movie - fun!
I want to see this movie too! I am glad you posted about it, I was wondering how it was. I loved Michael Jackson back in the day!
What a fun day for you! I'm jealous... I got a new water heater and another child with swine flu, not near the excitement you had:). I'll have to see if I can talk Brance into seeing this movie..
See! There really are benefits to wasting time on facebook! It was so wonderful to have you join us for lunch. What a treat! And having that Emmy made it extra speical. What a doll. I say we set a date for the 1st Tuesday of each month. Next month we'll skip down your way.
I'm so glad you liked the movie. I was such a MJ fan. He really did have talent.
Be warned, Becki. The reason I went to the movie with a friend was because Greg let me know there was NO WAY he was going to it with me. Good luck trying to convince Brance! (And boo-hoo on that stinky swine flu. I'm so sorry for you!)
Thanks for the warning Biffy! I would guess you are right. We venture out to about ONE movie a year...I doubt he'll waste the one event on MJ, but what's wrong with trying, right? By the way, swine flu isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but only two of the six have had it so far, so we will see...
The movie was my high-light of the day! Micheal will always be apart of my life, Thanks for sharing His last days with me! LOL! The dance moves were amazing and when you got up during the "Beat it" song, and danced along with the movie was totally breath taking! I had no idea you could move like that!! The movie was an eye opener, sad and amazing. I hope all those talented dancers, and people invoved with the "This is it" tour, will be rewarded somehow!
Oh my gosh, Janalynn, I haven't laughed so hard at my computer screen in a long time. You're just jealous of my sweet breakdance moves (breathtaking- just like you said!). LOL!
oh my gosh--i LOVED watching him dance! my favorite is his famous "billy jean." and there are some insane dance moves in the "scream" video with janet. he really was amazing even though his personal life was tragic.
Post a Comment