Okay, the first day of school was weeks ago. Emmy in the pink is the day she started preschool last week. They may not admit it, but my kids are so happy to be back in school. Whether they realize it or not, they thrive on having a schedule and knowing what to expect every day. Summer is always superb and the perfect length. By the time school rolls around again, we are ready!
So I had the worst dream last night. I dreamt that I was trying to get my kids off to school and no one was cooperating at all. How is this different from a regular morning? In my dream I was totally throwing a tantrum and swearing and crying at my kids and it didn't even phase them. Ha! Is my subconscious trying to tell me something? My carpool partner is on vacation this week so I am taking the kids to school every day. Perhaps this is stressing me out more than I thought. Then in the night Holly came up to my room because she had a bad dream about snakes biting her and her friends and Emmy. I stopped dreaming about the morning stress out routine and began dreaming about snakes. Eeew.
Sidenote: Patrick Swayze passed away yesterday. Becki Hammons and I watched Dirty Dancing about fifty times in high school. That's one of those shows that when you watch it again as an adult you are a bit shocked at how naughty it was. But if you were a fan of that movie, you can't forget this scene...
"Hey Silvia!"
"Yes Ricky?"
"How do you call your loverboy?"
"Com'ere, loverboy!"
"And if he doesn't answer?"
"Hey loverboy..."
"And if he still doesn't answer?"
"I simply say..." (cue music)
"Ba-bay, ooh ooh, ba-bay, my sweet ba-bay, you're the one."


11 comments:
Holly looks a lot like Greg. :)
And I've never seen Dirty Dancing, but I might have to now. ;)
Was the picture from the first day of school or more recent? I'm guessing more recent since Aaron has on a hoodie and the first day was sweltering (Bradley wore jeans and swore them off till the first snowfall!). Your children are all scrumptiously, delicious! And pretty darn cute too.
Boo for bad dreams (and the yucky feelings that go along with them). It's amazing how you can feel so much emotion (fear, anger, etc.) while sleeping, isn't it?
I hear ya on the Mr. Swayze/dirty dancing memories (I'd also add in Ghost - "ditto"). And YES, some of those shows we watched when we were young were SO naughty. I think most of them went over my head until I was older (ie: Grease) but I knew that Dirty Dancing was pretty risque and still loved to watch it. I loved your quoted lines because the soundtrack helped "make" the movie. (It was the very 1st tape that I ever bought for myself!) Aaahh, good times.
"No one puts Baby in a corner."
I was going to post the same comment as the 1st person did - Holly looks so much like Greg.
And also your kids are pretty stinkin cute. As are you!
We watched that movie in a hotel in St. Louis in May with the girls. I cannot believe we used to watch that and think nothing of it! I was shocked Bob and I sat there and watched it all the way through with Sam & Maddi. They just giggled!! Great show but it WAS naughty!!
Heidi - that photo was the first day of school. What can I say, they were excited about their new jackets!
Your kids are darling as usual:). It is sad to look back at movies that you loved and realize how nasty they are, Grease anyone? I saw Dirty Dancing on TV a few weeks ago and turned the channel when my 15 year old came in. Sigh. I guess you can decide to let your kids watch them as long as you preface them first with disclaimers of how NOT good they are? Was it this hard for our parents?
your kids are growing up. holly has changed the most, i think, since the last time we saw them. and emmy has a little "i know i'm cute" attitude, it seems! (and she is.) glad for you that they're in school and that you can return to a schedule. i hope you have sweeter dreams tonight!
Love the photos! They are all growing up so quickly! I'll have to show my crew tomorrow.
Your kids are SOO cute!
When I saw that movie, I wasn't allowed to watch PG-13's, so I was at a friends house and we watched it for her birthday and I lied to my parents and told them we watched "Roxanne" which was PG. The problem was that I had never seen it. Still haven't. If they ever quiz me on it, I'm screwed!
NEW POST, NEW POST, NEW POST!!! COME ON BIFFY, I MISS READING WHAT YOU HAVE TO THINK!!
Post a Comment