Here's a shout out to Yulese! Hey lady! I'm glad to hear from you! Your blog is one of those pesky private ones, so you better send me an invite! Now for my random thoughts...
1. Has anyone else noticed how “random” is the new catch word? It is quite a useful word. My sis-in-law Jamie has used it for a long time and she’s kind of a California girl, so maybe it comes from there…or maybe it comes from her being more of a Wisconsin girl.
2. I really like the new Coldplay album. Despite the odd death/cemetery fixation in several songs, it is still a stellar collection. My favorite songs are Strawberry Swing, Lovers in Japan, and Viva la Vida. Check them out. The first track, Life in Technicolor is also very cool. It is an intro piece without lyrics, but it makes you feel like you are at a wonderful beginning. Like you’re on the cusp of something amazing that’s about to happen. Everyone should get to feel like that at least once a day.
3. While I’m waxing musical, it is worth noting that Aaron started piano lessons last week. Saying he was very reluctant to do this is an understatement. I had to promise extra screen time and coax and coddle him in order to make the 7:30 AM lesson. He was so cute girding up his courage to face the unknown. It will be worth it. I wish I was a better pianist, but even still, the years of lessons I had definitely helped my brain learn in different ways. And stretching your brain is always a good thing, eh?
4. We went to Greg’s parent’s house this weekend. I always feel like I am trespassing into a small corner of heaven when I sit on the back deck and watch the kids play out in Grandpa’s meadow. Relaxation at its finest. We went up into the mountains for our annual pollywog hunt. There is a pond that is near Lake Cleveland that is always filled with tadpoles. My sister-in-law Celia and I took the kids and a picnic and spent the afternoon. The wildflowers threw every scene into the realm of spectacular. I haven’t unpacked the camera yet and unfortunately I have a sneaky feeling that it got left at Grandma’s.
5. You know my previous post, where I challenged everyone to run the 5K or 10K with me? http://theclassicrace.blogspot.com/ I have a few takers. I know there are way more of you out there! But I do need to clarify. I just got off the treadmill. I ran 3.3 miles straight (for the first time in about three months) and it kicked my trash! So my clarification is instead of ending my post with, “Now who’s ready to run?” I will end it with “Now who’s ready to run…or jog some and walk a bit?”
3 comments:
Not me.
But I do know the idea of heaven. I feel like I've been in it all summer.
And I SO agree about the piano lessons. I suck, but I'm glad I had them and I feel that it is a requirement of childhood.
If I didn't plan on having a screaming baby tear her way through my loins this week, I would totally be in! Maybe next time...
I'm thinking about it. We'll see if I can get myself into better shape first.
Post a Comment