Monday, July 7, 2008

3rd Annual Neighborhood Fireworks

Our firework night was last Wednesday. It was a smashing success! We put flyers on every door in our neighborhood on Sunday. I bet we had 60-70% of the neighborhood come. I supply sparklers and pop-its for the kids and ice cream cones. Our awesome neighbors, Shaun and Mary Carol, brought homemade root beer. Everyone brings fireworks and a chair to sit on and we light up the cul-de-sac (or coldest sack as our neighbor girl likes to say). When all the sparks have burned out, all the guys grab brooms and sweep the asphalt. The clean up went really quickly this year.

I love doing firework night. It is minimal effort on my part with a fantastic outcome. Thanks to everyone who came!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

That looks like fun! What a neat neighborhood you have! It looks like you all had a blast! (I did just get my hair cut... you are so observant! First the mustard and now the hair! I can't get anything past you!)

Rochelleht said...

Look at you! Mom of the year! Sounds super fun.

Thanks for a great day today! It was so fun to see you and your adorable kids!!

Melissa said...

that sound so much fun! I don't live in "colder sack" but that would be fun to do on our street since it isn't a busy one. thanks for the idea!

Kierstin said...

It was such a fun night... as usual :) Thanks for another memory-making night for my kiddos!

Heidi Green said...

So this has nothing to do with fireworks (which looked fun btw) but those brownies were to die for!!!

Thanks :-)

jamie said...

you guys are such fun neighbors to have! glad you had a good time--sounds like fun.